10 Days Green Smoothie Cleanse
What is 10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse?
10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse is infact a cleanse that entails a full 10-days of just eating smoothies of fruits, vegetables and of course water. Smoothies are known to be quite filling and healthy options with a burst of nutrients when prepared well. The experience has been known to change people and transform peoples eating patterns completely5.
Simply put, the body has toxins which require energy to be released by the body and if the body is too busy getting rid of the toxins losing weight becomes difficult for the body as it is otherwise preoccupied. The problem with most diets in the market is that they fail to encourage the release of body toxins.
If however one uses this diet they will be able to detoxify their bodies and in turn all the body energy will go into fat burning5. Some common signs to know your body needs a detox include: depression, headaches, low energy, fatigue, infections, allergies, weight gain, chronic pain and constipation.
The rules involved in this cleanse are listed below
- Drink a minimum of 60 ounces of green smoothies daily. It is advised that one makes them in bulk in the morning for the entire day and carry if they plan to leave the house and it is also advised to keep the smoothies refrigerated as much as possible. It is advised to sip on it as hunger strikes or drink a third of the 60 ounces every 3-4 hours.
- Be sure to perform a colon cleanse
- Snacks are allowed but only included and minimized to celery, apples, carrots, cucumbers and other crunchy vegetables or hard-boiled eggs, unsweetened peanut butter, a handful of unsalted nuts or seeds.
- It is not allowed to eat or drink things such as: meat, dairy, refined carbs, processed food, cheese, coffee, liquor, beer, fried foods, soda and sugar.
- A minimum of 8 water glasses should be drunk, that is, 64 ounces of water and also detox and herbal teas as desired.5
The reasons why green smoothies have been chosen as a detoxifier however are as listed below
- They are rich in nutrients
- They result in vibrant and radiant health
- They assist the body in weight loss
- They are great detoxifiers
- They are greatly hydrating
- They have an unlimited number of recipes
- They are easy to digest
- They are easy to make
- They are known to improve digestion
- They are known to be quite tasty and sweet naturally5
What to expect during the cleanse?
- Vegetables bought may go bad in storage. Vegetables are best fresh, just like all other foods. As a helpful tip, use the rule of first in first out. Meaning, consume what you bought first before moving on to the fresh ones
- Be diligent to long-term commitments to prevent the body from completely reverting to its original state. It has been seen as a problem with people who do not commit to it long term.
- Do not be afraid to tell and share the decision made with friends and loved ones. This is to prevent situations when meals are had out and one must come up with clever reasons to say no every time
- The most surprising thing is that the fruits actually add adequate amount of sweetener to the drink hence no need to spend money buying a sweetener.
- Be sure to drink a lot of water as water is a known detoxifier and it will help flush those toxins
- It will not be easy so accountability is nice. So do it with a friend or share your progress with someone to keep you on your toes2.
Effects of 10 day green smoothie cleanse
- The greens and veggies help to reduce inflammation
- The green smoothies are easily digested and leave so much energy for day to day activities and they also have a great amount of magnesium and vitamin B
- A new taste pallet that helps you enjoy the sweetness of fruits and the savory taste of some veggies without adding anything
- An improved digestion and an improve in immunity since vegetables and fruits have vitamins that are also called protective foods and are also easily digested
- The system allows for weight loss without starvation and other drastic measures.4
How To Start 10 day green smoothie cleanse?
Naturally the first days are the most frustrating and there will be a lot of angering moments but sticking with the diet will give you feelings of energy outbursts and eventually when it will all be over the body will be thankful and surprise emotions may arise5. The reason for the first days being so trying is because seeing as the body is accustomed to cooked foods, it will need some time to adjust to the new diet and this may take anywhere between 4 days but after that it will produce a feeling of energy like never before.
Giving the body time to repair and detoxify for a change since it will not be busy digesting will be appreciated. It is advised that only vegies that are green be used and not the starchy kind such as carrots as they will slow down the digestion process. The organic vegetables are advised but one can use non organic but ensure to remove all the wax on them. Also tap water is advised against in this cleanse.
Mental preparation is important so be sure to encourage oneself constantly. Drink water in the morning and plenty throughout the day and make sure to add a detox tea in the morning in place of your usual tea or coffee. Be sure to go to a grocery store and buy all the ingredients you will need for all 10 days and take some pictures of yourself before you begin to enable you appreciate the experience at the end more.
How to go about doing the cleanse?
There are two ways to do this cleanse. Below is a discussed way to do the both. The first is full cleanse which is done as shown
- Ensure to eat the smoothies every meal of every day for all 10 days. They should be between 6-12 ounces of water.
- Eat a snack as previously advised
- Do not eat all the foods mentioned previously
- Perform colon cleanses to ensure emptying of bowels every day at least
- Drink the amount of water stipulated above daily5
The second is modified cleanse which is summarized as
- Drink two smoothies and one healthy meal every day. Healthy being the main word. The smoothie should be 12-16 ounces of water
- Snacks are advised as previously
- Water should be drunk as mentioned
- Strict restrictions are still placed on the foods mentioned
- Colon cleansing is also advised as before
How to break the diet?
Start with things like salad to reintroduce the body to cooked food. Be sure to give a 3 day period to adjust well. Drink smoothies as previously and listen to the body as it knows what it needs. The purpose is to keep meals as light and healthy as possible after the cleanse to ensure the weight and progress made does not get reversed. Also a smoothie for breakfast is advised to keep the body well-adjusted and happy.
- 10 day green smoothie cleanse. http://www.chewfo.com/diets/10-day-green-smoothie-cleanse-by-jj-smith-2014-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid-food-list/
- 10 day green smoothie cleanse. https://tendaycleanse.wordpress.com/
- 10 day green smoothie cleanse. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/